Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Chance of Flurries... Ha!

The news lady just came on air and said that there is a chance of some flurries later on. This is as snow flakes are fluttering outside of my window. We're talking about slight accumulation here. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that snow might damage my moving sale's chances. People may be too busy clamoring into Sav-A-Lot to buy peanut butter and condensed soup to get a used chair and end table.

That's fine. We did really well yesterday. God has taken amazing care of us. Even with sales doing far better than I had hoped, we still have plenty of stuff to get rid of. It's a great reminder of God's lovingkindness and provision for His children.

God has been incredibly good to us. He has provided us with a church that has cared for us and loved us for four years now. Not all pastors are able to miss their past churches. It's never a good thing when a pastor isn't conflicted about moving away from his current pastorate.

Even with the sadness of leaving people that we love, we are very excited about this next move. One of the ladies who came to the sale yesterday was asking me if I was nervous about going overseas with two little ones. Her friend piped in before I could answer, "Does she look scared to you? You can look at her and tell that she is confident about this decision." And I am. I told one lady that in some ways, another country will be safer for my girls because we won't have the constant barrage of media. (I said safer, but I meant better.) She looked at me like I was insane. I might have said, "You know, babies are an excellent part of a lion's daily diet," by the way she looked at me.

My girls are tugging on me. I'm guessing that they want me to get off this contraption and be a mommy. It's nice to be loved.

No comments: