Sunday, September 7, 2008

For Those of You Who Don't Know...

Edwin and I made our announcement today. I've been excited about telling everyone. I seem to spend most of my time talking about calories and exercise. I'm one of those obnoxious people who feels the need to contribute to the conversation, even when I have nothing to say. Weight stuff just seems to fall out of my mouth when I open it needlessly. It's annoying, I know. I apologize for that, and I promise that I'm working on it. But I don't have a hobby or a job, and there's only so much I can say about my children. I think they're great, but who really cares if they prefer strained peas to carrots? I'll make some note-cards with conversation topics... then I'll really be cool!

Back to the announcement... Edwin and I are very excited to announce that we are being considered by the International Mission Board for a 2-3 year stint overseas! We're going to "the conference" in November, where we'll talk about various jobs and the qualifications pertaining to them. I've been wanting to write about it for so long, but I needed to wait until we told our church.

This is the main reason that I've worked to lose the weight. We started this process while I was still pregnant, but even before this pregnancy, I was over the weight requirements. They changed those requirements while we were in the middle of the application process. Now I fall within the parameters previously held (now wasn't that a grammatically poetic sentence?). Anyway, I needed to lose the weight, so I'm grateful that we were told that I had to lose it. There's nothing to motivate you like the SBC (Southern Baptist Convention) telling you that you're bad habits are keeping you from fulfilling your family's calling overseas. Thanks, SBC!

We genuinely believe that this is what's best for our girls, as well as for the Kingdom. I'm confident that there isn't much difference between the two, but we consider our first responibility as servants of the King is parenting our children well. If we can't develop a passionate love for Christ in our kids, we have no right to go overseas to spread the Word of God.


I'll keep you updated as we learn new information, but that won't be for a little while, like November. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

ChrisandLogue said...

Hi Hannah!! I have been blog stalking you for a few weeks now and have really enjoyed all your posts! This news is so exciting that I have to post my first comment on your blog to say YAY!! We will be praying for you all as you go through this process! Keep us updated and keep up the fabulous blogging!!!!

Your cousin-in-law,
Christy

Lindsay said...

That's so great, Hannah! I'm really excited for y'all!

And I completely understand the obnoxious weight talking thing. I feel like I've been that person from time to time myself (poor Brooke... :)).

Rachel said...

Congratulations!! That's really great. I will be praying that God leads you to where He wants you.