Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Most Popular Post...

that I have ever written was a mere afterthought. I decided to make tutus for the girls, and since I couldn't think of anything else to write about, I took pictures as I went. Thus How to Make a Tutu was born. It still gets more hits per day than any other post I've ever written. Not even the current post surpasses the tutu making how-to. Apparently, tutu making is a very popular pastime all around the world. People from Malaysia, Australia, and the furthermost have wound up on my little blog out of a simple desire to frock their little girls in tulle.

I have considered writing more how-tos. I just can't think of anything else that I know how to do. At least nothing that could be turned into a how-to post. I know how to treat a bite wound on a preschooler that has been incurred from a toddler. That really isn't something of which I want photographic evidence. I know how to remove a popcorn kernel from a toddler's nose (possibly the same toddler who bit her sister), but it simply didn't occur to me to grab the camera as I was going for the tweezers. I know how to remove most bodily substances from fabric. But I don't want to think about it long or hard enough to write a post, and who wants to see those photos?!

For now, my how-to days seem to be at a stand-still. I'm sure that I'll think of something else in which to educate the world... eventually. Maybe I'll discover a hidden ability to teach kids how to drive. Give me eleven or twelve years.

No comments: