- When Ella runs in the room with a storybook about Jesus in her hands, saying, “Jesus book! Jesus book!”
- Ridiculously long walks on Wednesday afternoon.
- DeLaynie's pretend baby hamsters. (Can you say,“Best pets ever!”?)
- Reading on the front porch.
- Those extremely rare days when Edwin and I are both well-rested, and we are actually able to spend time together.
- The fact that I can tell my kids which shoes I want them to wear, they go get them, and put them on ALL BY THEMSELVES! (As long as they are slip-ons, of course.)
- When I pull out DeLaynie's artwork from school, and she says, “Look, Mommy! I made it just for you!”
- Being a pastor's daughter and a pastor's wife. And both of them are great at what they do!
- Stewart's Light Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Teaching Zumba® classes. Acting like a kid makes a perfect break from taking care of them.
- Our fenced-in back yard.
- The way Ella melts into my arms.
- This chair, where I blog, have my quiet times, and hide from the world.
On Discovering That I’m a Prodigy.
2 days ago