Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Break

This week is spring break in our school system. All that means for us is that DeLaynie doesn't have school, and Ella doesn't have Mimi school. Despite the wet, chilly weather, they're doing remarkably well. Honestly, I'm okay with the rain because I have terrible allergies at this time of year. If it's raining, I don't have to feel guilty for not taking the kids outside to play.

Edwin and I went to a relatively near-by spot for two nights, leaving the girls to be treated royally by the very sweet church members who offered to take care of them. They had a very bad reaction when I first told them that they couldn't do something. I don't think they got that answer very often while we were gone. Edwin and I had a nice time on our own, and it's amazing how much more I enjoy the time with my girls after coming back. Two nights is a great length of time to be away from the kiddos. It isn't long enough to miss them too bad, but we are happy to see them by the time we arrive at the sitter's.

Right now, they are playing "princess and the dragon." Ella is a very polite dragon, referring to DeLaynie as Your Highness and Your Majesty. I'm pretty sure that she doesn't understand the threatening role of a dragon. DeLaynie doesn't either, as I now hear her tucking in the dragon. There's a new world order in this fairy tale. They must like each other too much to play by the typical rules.

Never mind, I hear a storm a-brewin', so I better go mommy. I'll keep you updated on the news that is news as it transpires.

Mom, over-and-out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE LISTENING TO THEM PLAY. THEY BOTH HAVE SUCH GREAT IMAGINATIONS THAT WHEN THEY PLAY, IT IS LIKE WATCHING A BROADWAY SHOW. I SURE MISS THEM AND LOVE YOU ALL!!!