Monday, November 9, 2009

This Blog's For You!

We have some friends who currently live in a rural area. Okay, rural doesn't cut it. They sleep in hammocks half the time. They live in the jungle of a (very!) foreign country (I bet you didn't know there were degrees of foreign-ness). For whatever reason, their internet can only visit three websites, and this is one of them.



The weight of this providential occurrence is beginning to set in. Can I stand up to the task? I don't know. It may be a greater calling than I can handle. Only time will tell.


I wish that I had some incredibly riveting information to share. In all actuality, today was made up almost entirely of a trip to WalMart (where I forgot two very important things, of course), an H1N1 shot clinic (which was unpleasant, but survivable), and crocheting.



This is what I was working on. It's an alien, or so the pattern says. I think it's really more of a friendly blob. But a charming friendly blob. I made it to send to a friend of DeLaynie's in Alabama. She and DeLaynie have a pen-pal thing going on. She sent DeLaynie several beautiful paintings, one of which I framed and hung on DeLaynie's wall. Her birthday was yesterday, and I wanted to make her something. Since she lives in Alabama, a hat wouldn't be all that handy, so I decided to try my hand at a toy. My girls really like it, so I'm hoping De's friend will, too.


So I'm to the point of talking about the weather... (I'm so sorry dear, jungle-dwelling friends.) It snowed last week. DeLaynie loved it. It was just a tiny dusting, but it was lovely. The grass and leaves that poked through had a lacy kind of effect to my southern eyes. Today, on the other hand, it was in the 60's. It was a perfect day, but I prefer snow to perfection. I was, however, happy for the locals who are already dreading the coming freezer burn.


I leave you now with a picture of Ella and Suzu. I saw them chilling on the couch the other morning and deemed it photo-worthy. I hope you agree.





Well, that one was for you (you know who you are). We're thinking about you, and are happy to hear from you. May the jungle treat you well, and none of the mosquitoes get you, night or day.

4 comments:

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Love reading your posts . . . a great writer you are, my friend! Love the "friendly blob" and excited for your snow experience. Despite the locals, I hope you have more soon! Thanks for posting!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh just look at my precious baby with that puppy. I could just squeeze them both!!!!!!

That doll is just darling...you are really getting good girl...you should really be proud of yourselves.

As for our jungle friends....many prayers going their way daily!

P.S. I am so thankful they can access your site....now you have to blog more! lol

The Byrd's Nest said...

And ummm one more thing...how come I haven't made your blog list? lol....just kidding...I don't even have one on mine!

Kristen said...

:)Ivy LOVED her alien....in fact, she has slept with it every night since it's arrival. Thank you for being so sweet and thinking of her. She has named the alien "DeLaynie Ivy Buddy" (how sweet!)