Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Great Snowman Debate

On Sunday night, after the girls were in bed, Edwin and I embraced our role of "those crazy southerners" in our neighborhood. At 9 p.m. we headed out into the snowy wilderness of our yard (or something like that). First we had the obligatory snowball fight. When I got tired of Edwin's overzealous beatings, I decided to build a snowman.


This quickly resulted in creative differences. I thought that the best short-term method for decoration was food coloring. Edwin was leaning toward sticks. Since Edwin chickened out about two minutes into the actual building procedure (something about his hands being cold, blah, blah) I decided that it was my right to decorate the snowman that I built the way that I wanted to. So I did.


Edwin became jealous of my artistry a few seconds after seeing it, and decided to build what he referred to as a "snow alien", decorated with sticks, of course.



So... maybe neither of them are going to win any awards, but the debate continues as to which is better. I'm not going to ask for opinions, but if you wish to volunteer any, please feel free (as long as they support my design). I will grant you that Edwin's is creative, but it should receive some serious reductions for creepy, if you ask me. But you didn't. So never mind.

Edwin and I had a good time, even if we couldn't agree on snow-building methodology.

We enjoyed our miniature wonderland for a few minutes before heading into our nice, heated home. All-in-all, a good time for all... except for the kids who were stuck in bed, obviously.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say you definitely won, Hannah...

Rachel said...

Yours is most DEFINITELY better!!

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

I like yours better, more proportionate. :)

andiewade said...

awwww i miss your faces!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I love them both and we love you both! I love your new home and I love the way He is blessing you.

His Jules said...

Oh You so won!!!!

Unknown said...

I know I'm late to this party, but I'm just now catching up. Yours wins of course. Not only does it look better, but anybody with the sheer will to gather that much snow together (at night!) deserves extra points. That's not easy, is it? William does all the snow duty at our house. I hate to be cold (and wet). Congrats to you. Your house looks great!