Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

I find it very easy to forget how little I see my mom, or dad or brother, for that matter. We talk all the time, and we are just as good of friends now as we have ever been. I haven’t seen my friend since Christmastime, and now I miss her. It isn’t overwhelming, but it nags at me every once in a while. She is a great mom, and I wish that I could be obedient to God and be near to her and my family. But I can’t, and God has blessed us in every way because we are where we are supposed to be. I wouldn’t change the path we tread for anything. Still, I miss her.

My mom hates all pictures of herself. I, however, do not think it acceptable to forget her face or the sweet ways that she interacts with her children and grandchildren. Therefore, in what I will refer to as a respectful act of rebellion, I am going to post a few pictures of my mom, knowing that none of them can capture the beauty of motherhood or grandmotherhood. (I’m sorta sorry, Mom.)


The above photo was taken last Father’s Day. I find it hard to believe that it’s almost been a year.

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms, but especially to my own. Thanks for raising me to follow where God leads. It is worth it all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too very very much! I had my pity party yesterdat, but I too know that you are where you are suppose be but it hurts some time.
It is a joy to call you my daughter.
Thanks again for the flowers and card! I love you, Mom

David and Katie Kizziah said...

It has been TOO long since I've been able to sit at your blog. Much reading to catch up on. You are beautiful, your girls are beautiful, and what a beautiful sight to see you reunited with your mother.

Happy Mother's Day! You are one of the best!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Your Mom is beautiful and has a beautiful daughter and granddaughters too:) Love it!