Saturday, January 29, 2011

We're Still Here!

I know that I referred to my hiatus as a diet, but it seems to have transformed into a fast. I didn't really mean for that to happen, but it did.

It's not that I'm not writing. I am writing a large amount of material, but not on a blog. I'm working on a project for church, and it's taking up more mental energy than I have stored up.

I have pictures, and I have every intention of posting them soon, but I have been ill (maybe with the flu?), so I have no desire to track down the card reader to load those pictures onto the computer, edit them, and post them.

I was going to write a list of all of the things we have been doing since I last posted, but I realized that there is only one big piece of news in our household:

Ella is officially potty trained! Even at night, she asks to get up and go to the potty, almost without fail. I have to say, though, it seems like a lot more work to constantly go through the potty process with her. There are a lot of steps involved, and both of us seem to have dry hands because of the increase in hand-washing. I'm still super-proud.

I was going to tell you about all of our other accomplishments, but my mind is either too fuzzy to remember them, or we're not doing too much to write about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Even your brother commented that he wished you would write more. Sorry you have been sick and we will forgive you this time for not having pictures and YAY for ELLA!!!
I love you!!! Mom

andiewade said...

congrats to ella! (and to you!) lucas still isn't there yet. we might end up waiting until we're back in the states (and then i'll be the mom that has the huge child that makes other moms ask "he's STILL not potty trained??)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yay for baby Ella!!!!!! We are all so proud of you:) And no worries Andie....Lottie still sleeps in a pull up AND poops in a pull up. She refuses to sit on the potty to do this...she is six years old:) I win!