Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 5: In Alabama

We had a joyous ride down to Alabama from Kentucky. Ella was about as thrilled to be in the car as my cat was the first time we took her for a ride. (Imagine, for a moment, a nineteen year old girl driving down the interstate with a cat digging its claws ever deeper into her head.) We did make it however. It took about 50 percent longer than it would without children, but we made it.

I'm really looking forward to taking DeLaynie to the beach. She really liked it when my parents took us, but once she saw the pool, the ocean lost its joy. I'm excited for my husband who will get to see her see the ocean.

I'm a little nervous about one thing. We'll all be in one motel-type room. We've never had that experience with children before. I'm praying that we get some sleep, and I'm hoping that the people staying in the surrounding rooms will be able to do the same.

No comments: