Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not Restful... But Good

Our weekend was busy. I went to Women of Faith while Edwin stayed home to take care of the girls and orchestrate the largest outreach event of his ministry. It certainly wasn't a weekend for sleeping in or taking it easy, but it was very effective. The outreach event involved a nationally renowned illusionist known as Harris III and the comedy team, 321 Improv. There were 479 people counted in the last census of our village. More than 500 people showed up at the event! Pretty crazy stuff, eh?

While Edwin was completing a God-ordained task at home, I was seeking to understand what it is that God desires from me. When I was 17, I felt a call to the ministry. I knew that a large part of that ministry would be supporting my husband's ministry, but I also knew that there was more to my personal calling. I still don't know exactly what it is, but God is starting to give form to the desires of my heart, and for that I am grateful.

When I got home, I discovered that my children really are as cute as everyone else says that they are, and that my home is a wonderfully warm place to be, even when my frugal husband doesn't want to turn on the heat. (Love ya, honey. ;) I'm looking forward to understanding God's grace in greater detail as the days, weeks, and years (hopefully) go by.

No comments: