Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Saying Goodbye To An Old Friend

My computer died on Saturday after being in critical condition since Friday. He met his unfortunate demise after Ella disobeyed her wise mother and ate her Play-Doh. Maybe you're wondering what one has to do with the other. Maybe you're hoping that I won't make the connection. No such luck. She threw up on my keyboard after ingesting said Play-Doh, thus causing the untimely death of my beloved computer.

The good news is that I will once again have a computer with an apostrophe. (You see, Ella pulled off several keys, and even after a new keyboard was installed, the part that connects the apostrophe key to the computer was permanently destroyed. She apparently loathes my computers for competing with her for my attention.) Edwin ordered me a new laptop that was at a ridiculously low price on Sunday night. It shipped today. I should have my new best bud by the weekend! (Not that I won't miss the meticulous process of going to Word, clicking on "Insert Symbol", selecting an apostrophe, copying it from Word, and pasting it into the html of my new post. And you wondered why I wasn't using conjunctions very often.)

He was a faithful computer to the end, even giving me enough time after his run-in with Ella's stomach contents to retrieve my files. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

As for the Bible reading, everything continues to remain on track.

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

ahhhh....I just love stories of Ella:)