Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to Mimi School

Ella returned to what we have entitled Mimi School. It is really a daycare that she attends two mornings a week in order to learn socialization skills, some pre-reading skills, and let mommy have a break skills. Don't tell her that, though. This morning Ella was absolutely sure that she would get to go to big kid school in two weeks. She was rather disappointed at the notion of two years.

Unfortunately, she's not much for posing. She is fun to capture on film when she has no idea that you're snapping a photo, but once she discovers your intent, she gets silly. Thus, I have only one picture of her alone, and the silliness quotient is still high. 


I have no idea what this expression is all about, but it's entertaining.




Ella saw a school bus and became deeply concerned that DeLaynie  was going to miss her ride. We drive her to school.



And this is the closest thing to a good picture that I could get of the two of them. They really weren't in photo-taking moods today.


You may be wondering how DeLaynie's first day of kindergarten went. The truth is that I really don't know. She seemed pretty frazzled when I picked her up yesterday. I think that transitioning to life without an aide is a little more challenging than DeLaynie and I anticipated. I'm sure that she'll adjust, but it may take her a little longer than we thought.

Our foster daughter also began school today. Right now I'm at home with the two boys. Uncle Micah is taking a time-out. He's already allowed me to go for a walk.

I just realized that I totally forgot to mention the fact that my brother is here to stay with us for a while. He got here on Friday, and he has been extremely helpful so far. He's done dishes and changed diapers and everything! It's pretty awesome having some extended family around. Ella's already bummed that he's only staying until Christmas.

Anyway, there are many things to get done while having the "break" of only having two little ones. (I think that used to seem hard? Weird!) So I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

MizTori said...

They are absolutely adorable! On a side note, I'm thinking of putting my 2 year-next-month-old in the First Baptist Church Preschool Academy for the same reasons.