Sunday, September 18, 2011

The First Step of Many (I Hope)

When I was seventeen, I was called into the ministry. God was very vague in His calling because He knows just how impatient I can be. (First date to marriage in ten months. Need I say more?) At first I thought that His calling referred singularly to being a pastor's wife. God has slowly clarified His plan over the years until it has become very apparent that this internal drive is pushing me toward women's ministry.

Obviously, the grossly under-reached area in which we live does not have a fantastic women's ministry center for me to go and apply for work. Thus, this ministry is beginning very slowly, mostly through Sunday School. This week I began to build a website with a dual purpose of supplying the women in the class that I teach with information that they need for a challenge that I placed before them and giving a bit of form to this new idea.

(You can check out the website at consumedbygrace.org.)

I'm not sure of how far this will go. It may end before it begins. My hope is that CBG will grow enough that it will be able to generate some support by the time all of our kids will be in school, which will probably be four or five years from now since we haven't quite completed our set. For right now, it's enough to keep me busy and keep me excited. I am absolutely convinced that the world could be turned upside-down if the people of God really understand the Word of God. I only have one life, and I want to spend it well. I can't imagine a better use of these few years that I have on this orb than to support my husband, raise God-loving children by His infinite grace, and teach women how to apply the Bible to every facet of their lives.

It seems too good to be true, but I know that my God deals in all things that are too good to be true.

No comments: