Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Soccer, DeLaynie Style

DeLaynie had her first soccer game last Wednesday. It was quite the experience. I'm not totally sure that she's an athlete. My mom has suggested swimming, and I'm beginning to think it's her only shot at sports. I would love to say, "At least she's enjoying it," but she isn't. For right now we're pushing her through the season for the sake of perseverence. Oh, and we're taking lots of pictures that I'm pretty sure will be humorous later in life, such as the ones below.

"See no soccer ball; kick no soccer ball."


I think that half-time was the highlight for DeLaynie. She got to have a juicebox.


She did look awfully cute in her pigtails, so it may be worth it.

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Elisabeth started out in soccer just like this! She was silly and most practices, the coach carried her on his shoulders because she was such a distraction to the other children. She kept playing and then a couple of years later....she was awesome! And she played into high school. Great job DeLaynie!!!!!!!!