Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some Assembly Required

We have now reached the final stop in our tour. We in our home! Many of you asked for pictures (via Facebook), but everything isn't ready for a full-out photo tour. For now, you'll have to settle for a compilation of pictures depicting the things that I put together, and the kids. God put them together.


This space saver was no big deal to put together, except that the holes were difficult to line up. Still, it was the second easiest thing I did.

This breakfast table was the easiest. I just had to put the legs on the table. Simple!

Now this thing was something else. It was essentially just pre-cut wood with tiny holes to start you off. I like to think that I built this thing. I didn't, but I still like to think it.

This was the most time-consuming, but I did it! And I love the result. Last week, the women threw us a surprise house-warming, and people sat in the chairs and bench, and none of them fell apart! I'm so proud.

Here are DeLaynie and Ella on our red couch. It's insanely comfy. You should sit on it. You really should. (Apparently, Dora said something very funny.)

And this is me and Ella. No real reason. I just like taking pictures of myself, but I feel pretty conceited when someone else isn't with me. DeLaynie wasn't feeling too cooperative, so I went with Ella.
I'll post more pictures once the rest of the house becomes photogenic. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so so so very very very much for putting up pictures!!!! I was really anxious about wanting to see you all. The house looks great and y'all look even better.

Can't wait to see more!!!

I love you,

Mom

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE all the pictures! I am not surprised that you could put all of those things together.....you are one smart girl! I will have to just covet your sofa until I get to Mexico. The cushions on our couch are not even an inch thick...lol...we have already decided that when we get to Mexico we will sit on muchos sofas!

Give my girls a big squeeze!

Rachel @ daily dunmore said...

Lookin good!

His Jules said...

So glad to see that you are getting all settled in. We are praying for all of you. The house and kids look fantastic! Can't wait for the facebook photo tour!

Love,
Julie