Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lotsa Girls!

Edwin's brother is also the father of two girls, ages 4 and 2. That makes for a lot of females during a visit. It's such a fun thing to watch four little girls, from 1 to 4, play together. I've realized that giggling begins early in life for a girl. There have been lots of giggles, a few cries, and plenty of fun for everyone.

I can't count how many games of "Ring Around the Rosy" have been played. Ella tries to sing, but it isn't quite recognizable. It's funny to hear her try, though. She's also tried imitating Edwin as he battles his brother on the Wii. She's almost thrown several remote controls.

Tonight Edwin's sis-in-law made fried chicken, butter beans, potatoes, and corn bread. It was crazy good. Thanks, other Attaway family, for the fun and hospitality during our stay. I hope it won't be another two years before we are able to get together again. We'll try to have you over whenever we get to... wherever it is we're going.

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

That sounds completely yummy!!!!! I can still hear Delaynie singing ring around the rosy:( Missing you and praying for you.

David and Katie Kizziah said...

We love you guys and look forward to seeing all that God has in store. Oh, how faithful He is! His ways are not ours, but how perfect they are! I feel so bad that this is my first attempt of any type contact, but know that you are on my heart and mind constantly. Hardly a day goes by since Edwin first filled David in that the Lord doesn't bring you to my mind at some point. It has been a joy to pray for you and your sweet family. We want to be posted on each step of the journey.
Love and prayers,
Katie

David and Katie Kizziah said...

p.s.
LOVE DeLaynie's slumber party pics! I adore little boys, but I look forward to playing girl games when ours comes along!