Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Study in "Almost"

We almost had internet. Technically, we had dial-up for a day and a half, but then something happened, and our motem kicked the bucket. We have no desire to buy an all-new dial-up motem for a few weeks on internet. I didn't even get a chance to blog from the house. (I'm at my parents, my favorite wi-fi hot-spot.)

I'm almost crocheting. I don't know what I'm doing, but it isn't actually crocheting. I'm playing with yarn in the hopes that something will eventually be produced. Nothing so far. I have a $4 book from WalMart on the subject, but I'm not following. I'm fairly good at learning things from a book (cooking, for instance), but I wish this thing had a glossary. I may run to the local (tiny) WalMart and see if they have a more in-depth book on the subject. About thirty years from now, I may just have a scarf to show for the experience. Probably not, but I am trying to talk myself into believing it.

No comments: