Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Looking Forward...

I'm taking a break, according to Edwin's recommendation, from moving sale prep. For a few minutes, I'm going to daydream about something that I've been looking forward to.

I've mentioned my family's traditional Christmas tree hunt. After marrying Edwin, this tradition came to a hault for me. Edwin is allergic to most things outdoorsey. This doesn't bother me most of the time. I dislike the woods, bugs, and heat. (Therefore I'm moving to Central America; that makes sense, huh?) The unfortunate affect of Edwin's affliction is that we haven't had a real Christmas tree since getting married.

Although we're going to have a fake tree in Alabama, my whole family is going to go shopping for my parents' first Christmas tree for their new home. This is the first time for Edwin to go to a Christmas tree farm (I'll give him Claritin; he'll survive), and I think it's Nicholas' (my foster brother) first time as well.

I can't wait to take the girls. I bought them matching little shirts to wear with blue jean skirts and tights. It's Alabama, so I'm hoping that they won't need jackets. That wouldn't be nearly as cute. DeLaynie loves hayrides, provided that they aren't excessive in length, so I'm hoping that we'll find a farm that has them. That shouldn't be difficult.

I've had a nice break thinking about the future memories we'll make. Now it's back to the grindstone...

No comments: