Saturday, January 31, 2009

Toy Story Mania!

DeLaynie has recently fallen head-over-heals for Toy Story. She never has cared for movies geared toward girls as much as those intended more for boys. I'm kind of glad. All of the girlier movies tend to send negative messages. ("Love is about how a kiss makes you feel." "If you rebel against your parents, you can find true happiness." "Mice are misunderstood. All they really need is for someone to sing songs to them and make them little outfits.") She does enjoy The Little Mermaid. It was my favorite movie growing up, so I support her decision.

Whenever I give her a choice about which movie to watch, she always goes for Toy Story. This made me very, very happy at first. It's much better than most of the dvd's she wants to watch. It doesn't have annoying music, and the comedy is actually humorous. I enjoy it. Now I'm a little concerned that I may get tired of it. I've forced her to watch other movies, which she always enjoys, but if she sees the Toy Story box, it's over. Just give it up. That's what we're watching.

She's almost memorized "You've Got a Friend in Me," and it's awfully cute to hear her try to sing it. She gets very excited when she knows that Slinky (the dog) or Rex (the dinosaur) are about to come on. When Woodie gets knocked off the bed, she gets a look of concern on her face and says, "Ohhhh no!" She loves it when Rex and Potato Head pop up out of the box and spit out the packing peanuts. Well, even if I do get tired of the movie itself, I don't think that I'll ever get tired of watching her watch it. I'm pretty sure that we'll find out if I can get tired of it or not.

No comments: