Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cranky Kiddos

So Edwin and I came home late yesterday afternoon. The kids seemed pretty pleased to see us. Well, DeLaynie did. Ella seemed to be only semi-conscious. They woke up a lot last night. My dad said that it's because they wanted to make sure that we were still here. I like that idea. It's much sweeter than the idea that they're not feeling well or are totally off-schedule since no naps were taken yesterday (the plane's fault). I didn't let them take too long of naps today. Call it punishment, or call it a pre-emptive strike.

Even in all of their grumpiness and tears, I still want nothing more than to cuddle with them and kiss their fat cheeks. They like that for a couple of minutes before wanting to wiggle around. I'll take what I can get.

It was weird to be away from them. Edwin and I kept thinking that we forgot them somewhere. I'd wake up in the early morning and think that Ella must have fallen off the bed. Yes, she usually ends up in our bed for a couple of hours due to falling asleep mid-feeding. Then I'll wake up and move her back, or I'll nudge Edwin, pretend to be asleep, and hope that he takes Ella back to her bed. Whichever!

No comments: