Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mini-blog #2

Day two of the conference is coming to a close. We received more information today than we are mentally equipped to handle. Edwin and I were shocked to be faced with the utter lostness of the world in which we live. Billions of people are living without Christ, and will one day die without Christ. Why are we so okay with it? Why are we more concerned with our childrens' comfort than teaching them to store their treasure in Heaven? It hurts to realize how thoroughly we are failing.

We are positive that this is the road that God has made straight for us. But I don't think that we are the only ones called to this mission. Jesus told all of His disciples to go. Not just the ones who had some sort of super-Christian calling. We aren't that special. I don't think that every Christian needs to head overseas right now, but I do think we all need to prayerfully consider it. We will stand before God and give account of how we used what He has given us. I don't know about you, but that scares me. I want to live my life in such a way that I can look back and say that I used every opportunity for the advancement of a Kingdom that will not fall. I've missed a lot already. I can't go back and change that, but I can use those missed opportunities as motivation to make sure that I make the most out of the time given to me. He has numbered my days, and I want to make the most out of them.

No comments: