Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stress Relief

I think that it's pretty obvious that this week has been stressful. I almost always blog Monday through Saturday, but this week I missed one. We still don't know anything for sure, except that we're tired and stressed out. There are a few ways to relieve stress. My choice is crafting.

I mentioned in this post that there is a quilting quad here on campus. In it, there are a myriad of sewing machines, a team of quilting women, and an array of fabric that could dizzy almost anyone. They have these really cute bags (purses/totes) hanging up that look tempting, but I just didn't have it in me to give it a go. The stress of the week, however, has changed my mind. I went to the quilting quad today.

I haven't finished my bag yet. I do have an idea of what the finished product is going to look like, though. I'm pretty proud of my choice in fabric. After that, it was all downhill. I can't sew in a straight line. I'm good with it. It isn't going to be Vera Bradley, but it will hold stuff. My goal is that I'll be able to put things in it without those things falling through the bottom. We'll see how that goes.

After all, the point was stress relief, not perfection. Which is good. Stress may be relieved, but perfection is nowhere to be found.

No comments: