Friday, May 1, 2009

You Almost Got Me!

So after ranting on and on about how important I think it is for me to continue this little ritual of daily blogging, I almost didn't make it to today's post. But I'm posting. Right now. At 11:17 p.m., Eastern Time.

Tonight we had the extraordinary honor to fellowship with the three top dogs of our sending agency, as well as with their wives. (One of whom has breast cancer. Right now, please stop and pray for Leigh Ann. Thank you!) I have to admit something. Please don't tell anyone. It's just between you and me. I wasn't planning on having fun at this fellowship. I figured that it would be an enjoyable experience, and that I'd come home feeling like I'd grown spiritually. Fun... Well, it wasn't in my plans.

The good news is that it was in God's plan. It doesn't matter what you think about the organization, the people behind are real people, trying their very best to do what God wants from them. And they can be pretty funny, too. It was odd listening to such respectable people, who we had just heard discussing the necessity of taking spiritual warfare seriously, and the low standards of most U.S. churches, crack jokes.

Well, all that to say, we had fun eating ice cream with the boss(es). Good times... good times.

No comments: