Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?!

Tonight I discovered, by way of one of the MIR's (Missionaries in Residence), that there is something called gym nights where you drop off your children and walk away... for two, whole hours! I had not heard of this, but apparently it's a weekly occurrence. We didn't hear about this until 7 p.m, which only left time for one hour, and Ella is probably too young, but we left her anyway. One of the gentlemen who runs the program said that he would let her hang out with him. We won't leave her next week, but for tonight, any way that we can enjoy some child-free time is welcomed.

How am I using this precious hour, now 43 minutes? Well, I'm blogging for one. Then I have homework to do. It may not seem like it at first thought, but long-term missionary work requires a lot of training. And that's a good thing, because we're learning a lot about life looks like on the field.

Now, I know that there's a clear metaphor in there about the need to share the Gospel with those that haven't heard. I'm not going to go there. It's just too obvious. I'll leave such thoughts to you, dear reader. Now, on to the homework!

No comments: