Monday, October 6, 2008

My Apologies...

I've missed a couple of days. I would like to apologize specifically to my Granny, the most avid supporter this blog has.

I spent a lot of time baking yesterday. I love to bake, so I was pretty happy about it. There's something about kneading dough that make me happy. This probably comes as a shock to a lot of people, seeing as I'm the total opposite of everything Martha Stewart. The things that I'm happiest with are the blueberry muffins. They were my first from-scratch muffins that I've ever made. They looked pretty, and they were totally edible. Some might go so far to say that they were good.

All of this baking was in the name of MOPs. It was really an excuse. I just wanted to bake. I admit it!

DeLaynie is developing so well now days. She's been using Play-Doh with cookie cutters and the other typical utensils. She is speaking more and more, and using real sentences consistently. I'm incredibly proud of her. I know that a lot of typical milestones require real effort for her, but she has worked very hard to grow and expand her abilities. She is hugging people that are fairly familiar, and holding hands of people when she's pretty sure that she can get something out of them, like juice or a trip to the playground.

Ella's almost crawling. She is kind of squirming forward, with some help from her knees. She can take one "step" with her hips turned in like they should be for crawling. Any day now she will be taking over, and I'll need to go back and re-childproof. I'm not sure where we'll put things since DeLaynie can climb up to anything, except for the top of the fridge. Our refrigerator is already pretty cluttered on top, but it's our only "safe spot". I'll have to get a little more creative.

Well, that's all I have in updates. I hope that brings all of your inquiring minds up to date.

No comments: