Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Very Pleasant Day (so far)

The whole family went up to L-ville today. Edwin had a "staff meeting" with Travis, and the girls and I had the wonderful opportunity to hang out with Megan and their precious, little girl for lunch. Megan is a real cook. She can open up a cook book made by people who write cook books for a living, and cook the meal like it's written on the page. I usually stand there, arguing with the page about the list of ingredients. ("Do I really need kosher salt? I'm not Jewish." "Who owns that many spices?" "How am I supposed to cook this? I can't even pronounce half of the ingredients!") If it doesn't include cream of something soup or a packet of soup mix, the chances that I'll make it plummet. Unless it's a bakery item. As I've mentioned before, I love baking. I love it so much that I gained two pounds this weekend. I'll try to love it a little less.

Anyway, back to lunch... So we had this really fun Thai pasta with peanut sauce. A very yummy dish. Then we packed up the three girls and walked over to the park, where DeLaynie ran around like the little monkey she is, slid down every slide, and labeled everything she could pronounce, which took a while. Ella swung in one of the baby swings, giggling like Elmo. We had to leave sooner than I had hoped, but Edwin had a meeting to get to.

He and I had the joy of talking in the car, so the price of gas was well worth it. A very good day, indeed. DeLaynie even went back to sleep after Edwin got her in from the car, where she was having a delightful nap. Ella slept some, so she's in a good mood.

God is so kind to give us fun times with good people. MOPs yesterday and today's lunch have been huge blessings to me this week. I hope that all mommies get similar opportunities to be with people who are going through the same stuff. It's a great thing to be able to be encouraged and share with other mommies, and I am grateful for the chance.

No comments: