When we got back to the facility, I tied the balloon to my belt-loop in order to prevent balloon loss. By the time we got back to the quad, DeLaynie was tired of staring at the balloon floating above my head, and wanted it... desperately. So I untied it. Oops! The vaulted ceiling reaches a maximum height of 20 feet! This caused a slight problem.
Edwin, with the help of a quad-mate, devised a plan: He would duct tape a mop to a broom, and attach more duct tape to the end.
He would then work to stick the balloon to the broom, and pull down the lost balloon. Problem solved!
That would be my fault. I had thought about cutting the loop of duct tape, and then sticking the ends down. This would have left her balloon marred, but in tact. I made a poor decision. At least now she can't see it. We fixed the problem the same way we fix about half of life's problems with DeLaynie: with a bath. The other half require sand.