Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What's Left?

We leave on Sunday, this Sunday, for training in the great state of Virginia. We still have some organizing to do. It's an interesting thing, trying to organize your life into 400 pounds (plus carry-ons). I must admit, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just trying to make sure that everything that is absolutely essential makes it to Central America. I've talked to lots of people about what to take, and what to leave behind. Their advice was incredibly valuable, but I still don't know what I'm doing.

Ella seems to be better today. She took a good nap, thanks in large part to a certain antihistamine, which shall remain nameless. I think that it helped considerably, or maybe the allergy medication actually made her feel better. Weird, huh?
The girls and I have been hanging out some today. DeLaynie has been very good today. She played on the back porch (we're at my parents' house; they have a screened-in back porch) for about an hour while I did laundry. That was surreal! One kid was asleep, and the other was playing by herself while I got things done. My babies are becoming big girls.

Speaking of babies getting older...





That's right! Ella's up and walking. She's almost full-time walking now, and we are very proud of her, and her big sister, too.
I'll keep updating you, though my posts will be shorter than normal this week. Sorry, but life is crazy. I know that it's a sacrifice :).