Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Faith Training

Edwin and I went to a training event for FAITH Evangelism. FAITH is a program put out by Lifeway to help churches in mentoring believers, evangelizing the lost, and starting new Christians off on the right foot. Our association office held a two half-day mini-conference on its implentation and benefits. It was a very beneficial use of time. I was happy to get to sit and listen to someone lecture for a few hours. I'm beginning to miss school.

FAITH is well designed, in my opinion. It's more comprehensive than most church evangelism programs that I've heard of. I recommend looking into it if your church is looking for a way to pull in lost people and increase conversion growth.

Allow me to take the opportunity to thank B. Wald. She watched our kids for us while we went to the training. She's my hero. We've done the thing where you take turns caring for all four kids. I've determined that she's much better at it than I am. She's already agreed to take care of the girls while we're at the IMB conference. What a brave woman. I'm gonna build that gal a statue!

Incidently, I've begun a mini blog with devotionals for women. It's a simple, short devotional that I update a few times a week. Check it out if you're bored.

No comments: