Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kay Arthur

I've mentioned that I'm working through Kay Arthur's Lord, I Need Your Grace to Make it Today in an earlier post. I've also mentioned that Kay Arthur is a little intense in style. I've kidded with some people that she wants you to mark everything. But I have to say that this study has been incredibly helpful to me. It's a fabulous look at the word "grace" and how it applies to the Christian life. I'm not sure if there's anything I'd rather study right now, and I'm extremely grateful for it.

Maybe I'm just used to Beth Moore's "I could just hug you right through this page!" kind of style. Women's Bible studies tend to lean that way. I'm grateful to read from someone who doesn't go that way, although it has required an adjustment in my expectations. There's nothing wrong with either style. It's just the personality type of the writer. God did a great job in designing us in different ways to fill the different needs of His people.

All that to say, I enjoy her writing, and I would recommend her books to anyone currently looking for somewhere to go in their study time. She will help you grow, and that's far more important than being comfortable.

No comments: