Monday, September 22, 2008

It's a Miracle!

Both of my girls are in bed... at the same time! It's a great day. The sun seems brighter, the sky seems bluer, and the grass seems greener. This euphoria can only last for a few moments, and there are so many things on my "in case both girls take a nap" list that I don't have too much time to waste. (Did I mention how freeing it is to type without a baby in my arms?)

I feel the need for sleeves. I love fall. The intermediate seasons are my favorite. Change is always enjoyable to me. I'm wearing my favorite lounge wear: a fuzzy long-sleeve almost sweatshirt and even fuzzier almost sweat pants. And socks. I like wearing socks. I'm not feeling too well, and the warm clothing and socks make me feel better. I'm pretty sure that it's because Dad always told us that we couldn't say we were sick while barefoot.

On a completely different note, we had a great weekend at church. Community Day went well, as I mentioned previously. Yesterday, a young woman (the same one that held Ella during her nap the night before) came forward after placing her faith in Christ and gave one of the most incredible testimonies I've ever heard. No, really... ever! It wasn't a story of being saved from the pit of drug abuse or unwed pregnancy. It was just the beautiful testimony of someone who grew up in church, believing that the hour spent there was a waste of time. Hearing only "spells" (the term that she used) from the pulpit. Then the Spirit worked on her heart and made the Gospel clear to her! Our God is good!

Today we started back to MOPS. I really enjoy the time with other mommies. I hope to get more women involved, but the four of us had a wonderful time (I thought) today. It was fun to get to sit and talk to other, like-minded people going through very similar day-to-day situations. My prayer is that today's conversation, and all the proceeding ones, point back to how dwelling in the Spirit and basking in the grace of the Father can make us all better at the important job of loving and raising our kiddos.

I hope that your week is off to a great start, and that every day of it will be filled with the richness of God's grace and mercy.

No comments: