Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin

My brother called her, "the hottest candidate on the presidential ticket since the turn of the twentieth century." I'd agree, not that there's been a ton of competition. Because she is both female and quite attractive, she can get away with some things that other people just can't. She's the Edwin of politics. (Edwin gets away with things that other people can't. I don't think it has to do with looks as much as personality.)

She sure didn't pull any punches last night. This "bulldog with lipstick" may be exactly what our party, and our country, could use right now. Between poking fun at Obama's experience as "community organizer" and describing her own resume, I think Palin is fully capable of taking on the big dogs of Washington.

She has her head on straight, too. Her willingness to call things as they are, such as "the bridge to nowhere," is complimented by her sweet smile. It would be much more difficult for Hillary to say some of the same things, since there is nothing sweet about her. Hillary is about as cuddly as a cactus.

This is the kind of woman we need. She is a woman, not a man with earrings like some women in politics are. Palin is good for America and for the women therein. She's proud of her motherhood, and she doesn't use her gender as an excuse for supporting the horrors of abortion. I'm proud that it's our party that's putting a chick on the ticket. That's how it should be.

1 comment:

Miracle Momma said...

YeeeeHawwww. I'm still on a high from last night. Had my popcorn popped and dt.mt dew ready to go. I LOVE HER. I felt like crying tears of joy. It's been a long time since there was someone on our ticket who could actually deliver a speech with enthusiasm and eloquence! AHHHHHHH. I love election season!