Friday, March 6, 2009

Mama Got a New Pair of Heels




Like I mentioned yesterday, Edwin and I had a date last night. He had already planned a telephone meeting, so while he was in the car on the phone, I was in Ross, shopping. It's been over three years since I had a pair of black high heels. I had a pair that I loved. They were Steve Madden's that I had bought at T.J. Maxx while I was in high school. Unfortunately, they met an unfortunate demise when my dog at the time mistook them (and everything else in our home) for a chew toy. I still think on those shoes with fond memories.


I have a pair of cute low heels, but last night I realized how badly I wanted a pair of real high heels. I sold some clothes in consignment and parlayed a small portion of the money I made into the fabulous foot fashion that you see above. (I also bought two dresses and a skirt, but I couldn't figure out a way to include them in today's blog without lots of pictures, and I didn't want to come across as an ego-maniac.) They were $13.99, by Nine West, and boy! are they uncomfortable. I don't care. They're fun. They're about three light years from my typical "mommy shoes".


It may seem like I'm obsessed with shoes. I don't have very many pairs, just so you know. The ones that I do like well enough to actually buy, though, I love. I don't shell out money very easily, which is good because I probably would have a ridiculous number of shoes if I did. For now, I'm happy with my new pair. If you were to come over this afternoon, you may just find me in a sweat shirt, pajama pants, and some very uncomfortable black heels.

1 comment:

Marian said...

Hi Hannah, I'm new to your blog by way of "married to the ministry" blogroll. It's good to meet you. Your family is so precious and I LOVE the shoes. I love your post before this one...so funny!! I just wrote a post about how men and women are wired differently!! Sometimes they just don't get the hints do they!! I look forward to reading future posts! Stop by anytime to visit. I love guests.
Grace & Peace